I’m a web developer and designer creating sites using WordPress.
- Staff Directory – Built and maintained using Custom Post Types & Custom Fields.
- Community Updates – News site linked across a Multisite Network.
- Open Graph – Added metatags for improved sharing on social media websites.
- Custom Theme Development – Crafted and maintained custom Parent and their Child Themes.
- Custom Plugin Development – Built and maintained project specific plugins.
- Multisite – Created and managed a large Multisite Network of over 100 subsites and its users.
- Accessibility – Built Section 508 complaint user interface features.
- Block Editor – Customized the block editor to maintain styleguide requirements.
- Plugin and Theme Audits – Curated the use of third party and custom themes and plugins.
- Proactive Debugging – Test plugins, themes, and hosting environment against upcoming releases for deprecated features and conflicts.
- Hosting – Actively maintaining WordPress across various cloud hosting platforms and local environments.
- Drupal Migration – Assisted in a migration from Drupal 8 to 9 by testing themes and modules for deprecation and dependency support.
- Taxonomy Filter – Created a dynamic taxonomy filter menu.
- Paragraphs Module – Built and maintained enhancements using the Paragraphs module.
- Theme & Module Development – Maintained custom Twig templates and PHP modules.
- Hosting – Maintained three Drupal installations using Git, Composer using Pantheon.io
- Hosting via LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Responsive Web Design
- Search Engine Optimization & Google Web Development Tools
- Accessibility & Section 508 Compliance
- Web Governance Platforms: SiteImprove, Monsido
- Hosting Platforms: Pantheon, WPEngine, Digitial Ocean, cPanel
- WordPress site maintenance
- WordPress Theme and Plugin debugging
- WordPress backups
- WordPress migrations
- WordPress training and client support
Web Developer (Drupal)
- Responsibilities and accomplishments:
- Maintain and enhance Drupal website, modules, themes using PHP and Twig
- Maintain web host using cloud provider Develop, Test, Live workflow.
- Client support, documentation and maintenance.
- Improved functionality of a vendor created module.
- Upgraded custom code base from version 8 to 9 and began preparations for for 10.
October 2021 – September 2022
Web Developer (WordPress)
- Built and maintained a large WordPress multisite network.
- Managed three redesigns of the college’s website.
- Created custom WordPress Plugins using Custom Post Types, Custom Fields, WP_Query and other core WordPress features.
- Integrated third-party APIs and plugins for calendars, Google Analytics and Custom Search, and web governance software.
- Maintained and improved search engine optimization (SEO) using web developer tools provided by Google, Bing, Yandex and plugins.
- Maintained compliance with Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards.
- Built custom child themes to inherit parent theme branding for campus initiatives.
- Provided client training and documentation of WordPress workflows for content producers.
March 2009 – October 2021
Online Editor (In-house CMS) at Long Beach Press Telegram
2005 – 2009
Online Content Producer (In-house CMS) at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
2002 – 2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Art from California Polytechnic University, Pomona, 2001
Additional information can be found on my WordPress.org profile.
- Open Source Web Administrator for Peppermint OS
- Speaker at WordCamp Santa Clarita 2021 | Video & Slides
- Volunteer at WordCamp Los Angeles 2020
- Speaker at WordCamp Santa Clarita 2020 | Video | Slides
- WP Query Presentation at Developer Meetup IEWP, March 2020
- Organizer at WordCamp Riverside 2019
- Speaker at WordCamp Santa Clarita 2019
- Speaker at WordCamp Los Angeles 2018
- Organizer at WordCamp Riverside 2018
- Speaker at WordCamp Riverside 2017
- WP Query Presentation at Advanced IEWP
- Conditional Tags Presentation at Advanced IEWP
- Volunteer Member of the Make WordPress Marketing Team
- Volunteer at WordCamp Orange County 2017 & 2018
KEEP IN TOUCH